Thursday, July 5, 2012

The freedom

A good few days of dry weather has given me a chance to ride in to work each day, despite the frosty mornings and misty fog the old girl has been firing up on the third kick, run for a few cycles and stop, one kick and 10 seconds and stop, one kick and 30 seconds and stop, then I give her some throttle to get the revs up and then she'll sit there and idle away, I dont blame her for being a little cranky in the morning when its only 5 degrees C.
I go the long way of course and it gives me some chance to open her up a bit as well as the usual morning traffic, She loves the cold weather too, I get her up to 75 on the speedo before I even get to fourth gear, I haven't pushed past 90kmph just yet but there is plenty more there, I still want a couple of hundred more kms on the cylinder before I get too excited, a clear weekend coming so theres a chance to get some decent miles on the clock. She doesn't like the slow cruising of regular traffic, much happier getting some decent throttle. I couldn't be happier to be back on the road and reliable again.

2 comments:

  1. Talking about frost in July? That could easily happen in Canada.
    But I guess in your part of the world they call it winter. Got some pics of the beautiful scoot to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonja, there's plenty of pics if you go back through the older posts. We are lucky with the weather here compared to some parts of the world, this year has been a little colder and much wetter than previous winters, nothing really compared to Canada though, enjoy the riding season.

      Delete