Monday, September 3, 2012

Fuel consumption 2

OK it took me a little longer to use the tank of 98 premium than I thought, the riding conditions were pretty much the same as the last tank and the results aren't really that surprising.
I rode 119.1 kms and used approx. 4.5 litres, there was still an inch or so in the bottom of the tank but I didn't want to push it up the hill home because my box of beer would have gotten warm.....
26.46km p/l slightly better than the 95 octane but not enough to warrant the price difference. I will keep a record of future tanks just out of interest and to see how the consumption goes as the DR kit gets more kms on it.
Speedo reads 5532km- 1112 on the new kit.
I'm looking at giving the old girl an overhaul at 6000kms, change the gear oil, a really good clean, a nut check, the usual stuff, I have just the slightest amount of oil collecting at the lowest point of the case, almost certainly the drain plug, thing is it is still clear and clean, surely the gear oil has gone that grey murky colour after this long in the gearbox? anyway the level is still good and it doesn't leave drips on the floor, just keep an eye on it.
The thing I hope to sort as well is the horn, it has been disconnected since I did the wiring almost a year ago now, I hooked it up back then and it honked constantly when I kicked it over and then it stopped, I taped the wires up and left it since I had had enough wasting riding time sitting in my shed looking at the bloody thing, now she's all good I will revisit it, that and I'm kind of missing getting my hands dirty.
Sun's starting to shine a bit more these days, see ya later winter, don't rush back.

No comments:

Post a Comment