Sunday, October 7, 2018

A Lifetime Ago.




Wowzers! 4 years later and so many things have changed.

Do I still have the SPV? Yes, of course I do.

Has it fallen apart? No...not yet.

Do I still ride it? Hardly ever, twice that I can think of in 2017 and only once this year and that was in March.

What has changed? nothing has changed except I simply don't have to time ride much these days, let alone tinker as required.

The good news is that the P200E engine is still going strong. It started first kick after sitting for months and, as everyone who owns one of these machines will understand, within twenty seconds of riding up the street I was wondering why I had left it so long to do so.
The restarting when hot issues continued when I did ride it and it floods very quickly if the fuel tap isn't in the right spot, the gear cables could use adjusting and the wiring from the rear brake pedal to the tail light need to be looked at.

I do have a new switch somewhere for that if I ever get around to it. same horn/kill switch issue, again, my home made loom and old fittings probably haven't helped. Makes me laugh though, I have the switch cover off so I can kill the engine with a small screwdriver, with the cover on, if the button contact is bent the wrong way, it either honks continuously, not at all or honks and kills the engine at the same time, which is hilarious, but frustrating.

I did toss around the idea of selling it. Was promptly talked out of it with the main reason being I would regret it, I agreed.

The scoot has taken it's place for now while a few other more pressing life events take place, like selling a house to fund building a new house and riding the wave of being a part of a small business start up, a growing family and embracing a new hobby. One that provides more active options locally and something I enjoy so much more than I thought I would....Archery.

Life will settle and the SPV will be reborn, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment