Wednesday, September 14, 2011

softly seizing in style

NOT.
Last night I had half a dozen guys from the Vespa Club of Melbourne, as well as the President of the Vespa riders Club of Australia and a fellow non Vespa rider, stop in town on their way back from the national scooter rally they had in Sydney over the weekend, it was good to catch up with the guys I had met before, as well as meeting the ones I hadn't, we had dinner at the pub and good conversation about all things Vespa and about the adventures on the road, good food, wine, beer and company. A good night all round.
Breakfast was also a fun and soon enough they were on their way, I led them out of town and to a back road that would get them off the highway for a bit and as we scooted along at about 80-85kms, Gloria decided enough was enough and bogged down and locked up for a split second before I clutched in and rolled off the road, Not sure who was behind me but within a minute I had six guys there wondering why I had stopped before I said I would. I kicked her just to make sure it would start and she did thankfully, I bid the guys farewell assuring them I'd be fine and would get home OK, did a u turn and did just that, except at about 60kmph instead. Now it's one thing to seize when your by yourself, it's just you and the machine, but when you are leading a group it's a little embarrassing, sorry guys. I received a message that they made it home safely later that day, well done.
Now what to do.
First thing I did was pull the plug, black but dry, pulled the jets and made sure they were clean. scratched the head and thought it better to do a bit of reading before I do anything. I don't think any damage was done, but its the third soft seize I have had in just under 3000kms. I'm having issues with my GT200 and I really need one running all the time so I might wait and just not do any WOT riding over long straights.
Update to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment