Monday, September 5, 2011

Checking in.



With some great weather for riding, cool but sunny, I have put another 200kms on the clock and everything is going great, I have not touched anything except checked the plug and to be honest I don't plan on doing anything until something starts to go wrong, I have found part of the source of the noise, the headlight. So when I get home I will be doing two things, packing the headlight out with something and installing my new Dr Pulley sliders in the GT200 and I'll be back to two scooters on the road.
The Sprint V still gets plenty of attention and makes me smile every time I see someone stop and look, or the school kids waving, although I can't honk back this time, must get to that horn one day. This evening on the way home I had stopped off for some supplies and parked in the mall behind a big arse Moto Guzzi, the rider was gearing up when I came out and was suitably impressed with Gloria, "is that original?", "yep" well sort of I thought, "it's great to see old things all restored and running, don't see many things like that these days" A smile and a shake of the head and a short conversation later I left him in a cloud of two stroke and went on my way.
I have gone and invested in a new jacket, which was kind of a birthday/fathers day gift, a new black Armadillo Parka, see pics attached, as you can see I'm missing my calling as a Parka model, I wore it for the first time today and was impressed at how warm it kept me compared to the old one I was using, its a lot longer and has some armour in the elbow and shoulder areas, with provision for a back plate if I want one. First thing I did was put my new Vespa Club of Melbourne Patch on it, and I was good to go.
My wife has finished up work now in preparation for the birth of our new baby in a few weeks, so I will have two days over the weekends now to get out there and ride, which I plan to take full advantage of when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment