Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tool Box Audit.

I touched on the subject of my tool bag and have since done an audit on its contents, this topic is discussed occasionally on the forums and most tool kits are similar. I have run with the " if I used it in the workshop then I should carry it" theme, omitting big ticket items of course, like a torque wrench, angle grinder or welding equipment.....
So here we go.
Apologies for the fuzzy shot.
So top left is small square box, it has 5 jets in it , a couple higher and lower to what I have in the carb. along with some assorted nuts and washers, next to that is a rectangular container it has 4 spare spark plugs in it, two sevens, a six and an eight. Below that is a home made fuel tap lever, why? well I have since found out that I installed mine incorrectly and it rattles off and just hangs in there meaning everytime I stop I have to try my luck to connect it up to switch it off, a pain yes but the upside is that I can pull it out and it becomes an anti theft device, no fuel no go, of course if someone wanted the bike they'd take it anyway...moving down an assortment of spanners mm- 6, 7, 8, 10, 13 ,17 & 11/32, 1/2. also a small shifting spanner, under that is some emery paper, across is two small plyers and some side cutters, up again plug spanner, up is a small wire brush and a punch and a U bolt, not even sure where that came from, electrical tape and the red thing is a first aid kit, up from that is my oil measure cup, bike tyre pump, 2T oil rags, a set of spare cables, below them is a container of washers and nuts, cable ties some wire and spare globes, below them is a socket set 4-13mm, a Swiss army knife and a leatherman and finally a purple pen and 4 screwdrivers a big and small Phillips head and flat. So there you go, I have lined the bottom of my tool box with carpet and all these tools go in a red material shopping bag and roll up nicely, leaving enough room for my beer run gear when I need it, that consists of three pieces of 19mm decking taped together, perfect height to prop a box of beer on the floor and centre rib, and an occy sprap that I run through the bag hook. nice, I did a run the other week and was strapping the box of beer on the scooter when a tradesman pulled up beside me in his work ute, as he got out I heard him laugh and just looked at me and said "Fuck yeah" and walked off.
On a different note, on the way into work today the speedo clicked over the 6000km mark, 1580 on the new DR Kit. This photo looks all out of whack, just a screwed up angle.....

Next weekend will be a maintenance day on Saturday, Sunday is the Vespa Club of Melbourne Geelong branch breakfast, so I'll be hitting the open road, it's a 150km round trip, should be good, weather forecast looks good too, about time.

No comments:

Post a Comment