Monday, February 4, 2013

little progress

I've come to a standstill on both engines, parts are on the way, I'm sending the 75cc stator off to get it serviced and rewired with the correct colours, I spent hours trying to figure out what was going on to no avail, all the smallframe engine is clean and dismantled, the case has three cracks in it, all small and all non crucial as they are in the gear oil part of the frame so they will be welded up to stop any leaks. So now I wait.
The bench is covered in piles and bowls of bits, the new ones on one side, old on the other.
I am trying to get the little needle bearing housings out of the bottom of the fork, they are rusted in and everything I have tried has failed so far, going to bring in the serious tools next attempt.
So it's going to be a bit quiet. but I'm sure I'll find something to write about.
Been nicely distracted the last few days.
Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment