Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Off the clock.

On the way to work yesterday I went the long way as usual, forest st is one long straight, flat road, 80 speed limit, it was quite cool so I thought it was time to push Gloria to the limit. Hand on the clutch just in case and to my surprise I got it up to the 110 mark with still some to go, I went WOT and the needle crept up until it couldn't go any further, I was a little nervous, but couldn't stop smiling, bowing just need to GPS it and see exactly how fast that is.
The pics are the rear brake cleaned up, the Femsa switch is far more sturdier than what's on the Sprint, the stator could probably do with a re-wire, the points look close to new, I've put the word out for advice on the wiring, it's probably going to be the biggest challenge, at least when I made the loom for the sprint , I had the old one to use as a guide.



No comments:

Post a Comment