Monday, August 22, 2011

Shake, rattle and hum.

I had a good long run into work this morning and have figured out that the rattle/buzzing sound is definitely not the engine, but in fact a series of strategic things on all parts of the scooter working in unison to provide a crescendo as the revs get higher, will I figure out exactly what those parts are, probably not, I went over every thing that I could get to and made sure it was all suitably tight and I did see the dust cover on the rear wheel brake drum has a wobble that could be the source, I also took off the rubber trim from the glove box door, a classic sign of a bodge and not originally there, this too could be another source, but I put my hand on it and the sound didn't change. All my tools are in a roll so they don't slide about.... its possible the stand may vibrate too. Unless it gets worse I'm not going to worry about it, between that and the Sito Plus, people turn and look when I'm 100 metres away, so I'll call it a safety feature instead.
Sorry you lost so much sleep Fanta....

No comments:

Post a Comment