Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Up rooting...

Not much news of late, apologies, I'm in the middle of uprooting the family and heading across state for a few reasons I have covered before today.
The Sprint V has been going quite well, I can't get the image of the scored piston pumping away as I ride along at speed, the engine still has pulling power, uphill and all, and as also mentioned before, I'm giving it some too, a good seize would finalise this 3rd over sized top end and give me a perfect reason to kit it.
Today the wife took the boys to a friends house and I was left alone, after pacing the house to see what else I could do and pack for the first load of the move tomorrow, I thought "fudge this, I'm going for a ride" the weather was about 22 degrees C, cloudy, perfect.
I had some chores to do so off I went. I had to deliver some paperwork so that was first cab off the rank, into town, parked up and job done....except as I merged back into the traffic and rode about 150 metres to the lights, Gloria decided to just humf and die, middle of town, lunchtime, people everywhere, Then I turn the fuel tap on, idiot, a couple of kicks and it's business as usual.
Some groceries and home. Its a 6km round trip direct into town and back.
Trip two. Beer run and a chance to trial the new beer run kit. I pull into the bottlo and park, there is a guy delivering ice out of a van parked next to me, he goes in with his delivery and I follow. He sees me grab a box of stubbies and when I go to pay he's standing there with a big grin on his face, the bottlo guy says "what's up mate?"
Ice man "I wanna see how this blokes gonna fit that slab on his Vespa"
Bottlo guy "what!"
Me "It's a trial run"
Bottlo guy "what?"
I pay and head outside. IM and BG follow. I get out the taped up deck off cuts and an occy strap.
I look at them and they are both doing the nodding, furrowed brow and pursed lip look.
IM " looks like you've got it sussed mate, just wrap a leg around and she'll be right"
BG no comment
Me " Yup should do the trick" and it did.
Trip three. I needed some cash and a six pack of beer for the two young blokes that are going to help me load up the truck with furniture tomorrow, can't sacrifice a six pack of my favorite, well I could but didn't want too.
I took this opportunity to indulge myself on my favorite take away lunch and then headed back home, the tradies finishing off the house up the road all had a snicker as I zoomed past again, first groceries, a box of beer and then some KFC, I can just hear them at smoko, "Bet that bloke's missus is out of town today, he he he"
3750kms and dreaming of a 177cc kit, still putting up with the rattles and still loving it.

1 comment:

  1. He he, rooting.

    Actually carrying beer is essential and you've done well padawan. Oh and you know that the longer you go without a seize, the less likely you are to have one? (call it scott's theory of metal things wearing in)

    ReplyDelete