Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The move





As you can see I couldn't get much more in the back of the truck, it was the last trip and it all HAD to fit...
at the other end it all came out and with a days rest I head out to join the Vespa Club of Melbourne on a ride around the lovely Bellarine Peninsula, a reasonable turn out of Vespas, only one other older scooter but still it was a good days ride, would've been nicer without the cold wind and the threatening rain, which stayed away thankfully. It was great to get a good solid ride in, it has seemed ages since I rode any further than just into town.
The days ride ended up being 350kms all up and the SPV didn't miss a beat, stayed with the traffic at 80 odd kmph at times a little faster. It was also a good chance to get some idea of fuel consumption too, not an exact science but I used 13 ltrs so about 27 kms per litre and about 190kms per tank, but I'd never put that to the test without a backup fuel supply.
I also past the 4000km mark, so can't complain about that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment