Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Up with the big boys and girls.

 This driveway is a great way to start the day
 The Vespa Club of Melbourne-Geelong branch monthly breakfast. Rainbow.
 Picked up a few hitchhikers on the way.
The long and winding road home, it was here I realised I had no rear light, nor brake light.

On Sunday I rode down to Geelong to have breakfast with the guys, a nice quiet road in and back, after coffee we rode down the Bellarine Peninsula to Barwon Heads, for lunch, I left the bunch here and rode home, it had been a long ride on the SPV. By the time I got home I had raked up 280kms, 174 Miles, used 9.5 litres of fuel for a range of 29.5 kmpl, very happy with that. What was even better was on some sections the speed limit was 100kmph, being in a group of modern twisties, GTS 250 and 300cc, I was a bit nervous being the only old scooter, the group normally has a bigger contingent but not this day, second from the front so the pressure to maintain speed was on. The old girl did herself proud, sitting on 85-90 real kms over long distances and up hills, at least three riders complimented the performance, one said that she thought she'd have to slow down up the hills like when she's been behind other older scoots, but was surprised I went a bit quicker instead and apparently she doesn't smell as much either. That's nice to know. A flawless day in the saddle.
Project P is on the starting line, parts have been paid for and the case is clean, just waiting on the few things coming from overseas.
I checked both rear globes and neither had blown, so it will require some further exploration, 280kms of rattling and vibrating has loosened something.

No comments:

Post a Comment