Monday, November 19, 2012

update

For the first time ever I actually over took a vehicle today, snuck around him on a corner, dropped a gear and zipped past him giving him a cursory glance and a slight head nod as I past the drivers seat, what would have made it better was if it was a car or even better, a harley....The fact it was a fully loaded up loggging semi trailer making a 90 degree turn at no more than 30-40kmph made little difference to me...I showed him.
I also came within 5mm of lowering the property's chicken population to five, my track from the road is the main driveway, past the house and the chook pen and then on to the workshop, sometimes they are in, sometimes out, there is a massive hedge, from which the startled bird flew out of at speed toward the front wheel, only to change it's mind five times in a split second, I was all over the place and was sure I would have to bail, luckily for all involved there were no casualties, would have been a deconstructed roast chicken tomorrow though.
Now back on to the Project.





 
I had some "help" in the form of two of my boys, here they are trying to get it started. I then cleaned up and rejigged my engine stand, it was in two bits and swayed when you were doing anything, nothing some crudely bashed together brackets and some screws wouldn't fix. I sat the spare Sprint V case on it and she was solid, it was then when I noticed this...

 
The stud that goes through the case just above where the kickstart is, it's bent and the thread is all but worn to flat, not what I wanted to have to fix but...
And now I wait.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment