Monday, April 29, 2013

Give me some revving love..

  
 
OK after some stabilising of my dodgy engine stand, shown proudly below, the additions allowed the engine to sit, be stable and most importantly be free standing, I went through a few things before I kicked it over again. Just on the stand, my Mum always said never to judge a book by its cover, the stand was thrown together and held together is such a fashion that Homer Simpson would be proud to call it his own, once done I'm sure there is an art gallery somewhere that would love to add this contemporary piece to their collection, or i could go into reproduction mode if anyone would like a replica :)



I pulled the float and needle from the carb and saw that the needle tip had the tiniest piece of rubber hanging off around the base of the rubber tip this must have been getting caught and stopping the needle from seating, therefore explaining why the fuel was dripping from the little tube in the venturi with the engine stopped. I dropped the main jet size to 118, what it was before I upped it for the Sito, I double checked the air fuel screw to 2.5 turns, changed to a new B6HS, just for kicking over purposes, premixed some new fuel 2.5%. Even though it has marks on the electronic ignition stator, I checked the timing manually, TDC check, 23 degrees BTDC as per Haynes manual check, some adjusting once I got the timing light on it and it was good to go, It has no problem starting and even idling, but there is no response from the throttle, it's almost like it is 4 stroking and it is definitely not revving, I'm going to put this to smarter people than I to see if there is something I'm either doing wrong or just plain don't know about. Apologies for the bad video, it gets the point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment