Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Sorry.

I have been meaning to catch everyone up on what's been going on. It's been a long period of silence and I'm sorry.
I have had a few problems with the 200 and ended up putting the 177 back in to go on a ride out, I have finally run out of patience with the 200, I've tried everything with no joy. So now I'm going through a process of elimination, firstly after I dropped the engine I cleaned it up, found that the stator was rubbing the flywheel, I made good the connections in the wiring to be certain, redid the earth from the CDI was solid and I put it back together and in the scoot, same result, checked the timing again, it was fine., Plug was still fouling....fuck it, plan B is to try the ignition from the Veloce, points but hey they've been using them for a hundred years, I'm comfortable with them. Anyone that hasn't followed from the start won't know that my "Veloce" had a P125 set up on it as the 12v conversion, um yeah whatever, so it will fit the 200 crank fine, that's happening tonight, should that fail, Plan C is I have a borrowed a known to be working CDI, stator and flywheel. I'll just have to wait and see. Last option is rebuild the 177 parts into the set of Veloce cases I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment