Monday, July 15, 2013

State of affairs

Since I pulled the 200 out, I have found that the flywheel had been rubbing on one of the stator coils, evident from the scuff in the thin yellow paint on the inside of the flywheel and a slight polishing on the coil in mention. I hit the flywheel with some fine wet and dry and gave it another dusting of paint, I gave the coil the slightest buff as well. I read that I should check for play in the flywheel and the crank, the crank moves only slightly, I haven't put the flywheel back on yet, but will soon. I checked all the stator wiring for any signs of wire damage that may have earthed out at higher revs, all seems well there too, I double checked the earth from the CDI to make sure it was the best it could be. I've given the carb and jets another clean, I plan to lap the base of the air box as well, replace the gaskets and fit the carb off the running engine straight to it when I swap them out. If this doesn't get results. the next plan is to take off the electronic ignition flywheel, stator and CDI and try a new 12v points stator I have waiting to go into the Sprint V and I have got hold of a Veloce flywheel to match it, big thanks to K at Kickstart Scooters for that. If THAT doesn't work I'm going to rebuild the Sprint V cases with all the parts I have already in the bodgey, yet very reliable, engine and I know the Sprint V will have a matched case Veloce engine with a DR177 upgrade.
Looking back, I've learnt a bit from when I first replaced the clutch arm o ring to stop the oil leaking and felt like I accomplished something big........got me stuffed what I'm going to do when I'm finished, hold the phone I forgot the 75cc smallframe engine I'm yet to put back together, good.
On another note, this Blog will soon pass 15000 hits, I hope by stuffing things up and figuring it out, I have helped someone somewhere get their scoot back on the road, spreading the love. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. C'mon man, don't stop now, you can do this! Plan, plot a process to figure out the problems, and then execute the solution.

    ReplyDelete