Monday, May 6, 2013

Sitting Idle

The bloody thing won't play. It will idle fine but no joy with the throttle opened, it does speed up a bit, but doesn't sound to be firing on each stroke, I have tried a few things, adjusting the timing and checking it manually and confirming it with a strobe. Cleaned the jets, changed the carb gasket, tried every combination of airbox on, off, a rag stuffed into the bellows opening, starter fluid, choke on, off, adjusting the air-fuel mix screw, I even changed out the carb float needle and the list goes on, the plugs are fouling with oil, I only have 2%, maybe a smidge more, have a new B6ES plug. blowing a lot of white smoke too, only thing left to try is to actually fit the engine in the frame and hook it up ready to ride and see what I can get it to do, the idle will be able to be adjusted a bit in the frame, but I can't really see what difference it'll make. The fuel delivery might be the issue, a longer than stock hose connected to a plastic bottle, gravity shouldn't be a problem unless it's delivering too much fuel?
I've asked around and tried all the suggestions.... I'll persevere until the weekend when I'll be able to swap the engines over and see what happens. Lucky the other engine is running so well, touch wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment