Wednesday, May 1, 2013

W.O.T.

The Lava run has given me more confidence in the DR177 to really give it a go speed wise, so this morning I took the old girl to a road I have mentioned before, Deans Creek Road, where everyone goes to blow off the cobwebs and get some wind in their hair.

 
The morning was a crisp 8 degrees C (47F), no wind and as you can see, not a cloud in the sky. The road is a couple of kms long, straight, flat and rural traffic, read hardly any, I set up my iPhone in a zip lock bag, electrical taped it to the headset above the speedo and I was good to go.
Once in fourth gear I assumed position, bent down with the face shield against the headset, knees and elbows tucked in and throttle wide open......I wound the needle off the clock as far as it would go and I held the throttle open as long as there was enough road in front of me to stop before the highway.
The result...........couldn't get past 93kmph (57mph) GPS speed in the space I had but that is respectable enough, I will do a few more runs when I get a chance, just so I can see and because it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment