Friday, March 4, 2011

Disaster averted

Ok I had another look this morning and thought I have to get this sorted. I basically had to chisel out the squashed washers that had in fact squashed enough so as to fit tightly into the thread on the studs, it was messy and I couldn't help but leave behind a few dings and scratches, regretfully, but I couldn't see another way. I have the head off again, I tidied it up as best I could, took out one of the studs so I can take it with me to find the correct nuts and new washers that aren't 1/4mm thick, the crappy thing is that tomorrow is supposed to be a perfect day to ride, sunny and cool, and if I cant get the nuts I can't test out the new Sito Plus exhaust. If that's the case I might have a bit of fun with some gear that my good mate, who now lives in Sweden, bought out for me when we were on holiday at Christmas time...hehehe it will be pretty funny. I am sure he isn't into the scooter scene in Sweden, but like most non scooterists he has a stereotype and he got me all the gear he thought a scooter rider would normally need.

No comments:

Post a Comment