Friday, March 18, 2011

No news is good news.

Been a bit quiet on the scooting front of late, between the work & childcare routine of my wife and I, the weather and other commitments I haven't really had a chance to get a decent ride in, the work commute and a lazy 100kms last weekend is about it. The wet days saw the GT200  roll out for some action, the speedo clicked over 16000 kms, and I must admit I am happy to have a good reliable scoot on standby, she'll see more action over the winter as I dont really plan to ride Gloria in the rain, in fact she hasn't had a drop of rain on her since I got her, except one heavy fog that left a fine mist, I'm sure that the bike has seen enough rain in the forty years of her life in the humidity of HCM City.
I have also decided to not touch anything that is working, which at the moment is everything, I have a box of goodies showing up in the next week or so and the next thing I'm doing will be replace the odd ball horn for a vespa one, and get the new headlight on and the old one, which I suspect is from a different model, can go because it doesn't hold the glass in there anymore and just basicly stops it from falling out, it rattles more and more the faster I go. Of course I almost know that I will see something else that's buggered and the cycle will start again.
The scoot is running so well, the pick up through the gears is great,  I can get to 90 easily but get nervous, the rattling headlight doesn't help, the exhaust sounds great and people are turning thier heads when I'm further away, I still get smiles and thumbs up, it's great.
2240 on the clock, 180 off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment