Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nice day for it



The weather was just too good to waste, so I took Gloria for a spin, I did 70kms and no incidents to speak of but yet again as I head down to Paynesville in almost the same spot as the last two times the engine started to sound funny, no bogging or bad noises, just not right, I slowed down and coasted with the clutch in for about 30 metres and let it out in third and kept going. I think I will just not go on this section of road, the Burmuda Triangle I think I'll call it.
I took a couple of pictures on my ride. The top is Lake King, it was calm and beautiful as you can see. The secong is a corn field on the Lindenow flood plain and  a row of the sorriest mail boxes I think I've ever seen.

4 comments:

  1. I admire the way you keep giving your "restored" vespa a chance. I know many people who would have just gave up already.
    Greetings from Portugal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rui.
    I don't plan on ever giving up on it, I knew I'd have problems, I just hoped they wouldn't be major.I imgine that over the course of the scoots' new life, I will probably replace most things, Thats part of the fun they tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the burmuda triangle thing - it is a downhill section and you're pretty much doing 90kph when the noise appears?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No mate its flat, and on a sweeping bend so It's probably closer to 75-80kms tops, maybe its cause i take the throttle off a bit and sort of coast letting the momentum slow me a little, might cause the piston to heat a little with less juice...

    ReplyDelete