Friday, July 22, 2011

The finish line

Well I'm please to say that Gloria is all but put back together, everything and had One of the boys not been sick at daycare, I'd have had a go at kicking her over. The last thing is hooking up the switch. Today I took a few hours off work to get a bit of work done. I fixed the stator plate lube strip, tidied up the scoring on the flywheel, changed out the screws to shorter ones with smaller heads to ensure it wouldn't happen again. put the junction box back together, all the guards and the cylinder cowl, cleaned the plug, put the tank in which proved to be a pain in the A, whoever designed the new tap set up needs a smack, I ended up using the original fuel tap, I blocked off the hole where the ignition was with a tapered socket bolt, seat back on, a general clean up inside and out then I had to go. I'll get the switch connected, fill the tank, check the oil, take a deep breath and give her a kick, after no less than 3 months off the road, here's hoping she roars into life, lights shining, horn honking......don't for a second think that this is what I actually think will happen, but one can hope.









Pic one. me so hoooorrny, a new horn with a shell cover.
Pic. two. the wires all hanging out waiting patiently.
Pic. three. Planting the seed, My two boys with their new scooters.
Pic four and five. the new felt about to be riveted to the old holder, I ordered a new one but got one for a proper Sprint V stator not a P range like mine. it will do the trick.
Pic six. the junction box, took a lot longer than I thought it would.
Pic seven. the bodge standard under seat ignition replaced
Pic eight. the regulator, its not a vespa one it is a Sym, If and when it shits itself I will be getting a real one.
Pic nine. My bike looks different, hey wait that's because its in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment