Saturday, July 16, 2011

home made goodness

I used the old harness as a measuring stick and cut each wire I would need in accordance with my wiring diagram, I just hope going back to basics, eliminating the ignition for simplicity will help. as I have a 12v P style points stator I have referenced both the original sprint wiring diagrams and a P as well and have created a system for THIS bike, fingers crossed.
The pics below show my workspace is the kitchen bench, my method was to put a little tag on each wire and write on the diagram the number and the actual colour I used. idiot proof I would have thought.


I am so glad I have taken so many photos as I've gone through this bike, having had it sit for a couple of months has had me forget something I did 10 weeks ago, I'd recommend taking pics if your doing anything like this.


Fast forward a few hours and it's all together, I only had to make one change because of the location of the regulator was further away from the junction box than I thought. Now to get the heat shrink on, never ever used it so it should be interesting, after that I'll be clocking up some serious crimping time and then FINALLY start putting this poor scooter back together.
Still fecking annoyed at myself for waiting so bloody long.....it was much easier than I thought it would be, I just hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment