Sunday, July 24, 2011

sideways step

I connected up the switch at the headset end and I was done, I cleaned up the bench, put the tools away, cleared the floor and thought "OK here we go" fuel in and gave her a couple of kicks, nothing, so I thought I'd roll er outside and bump start her I pushed the door button and as the door rolled up I turned back towards the scoot and saw this.....


I then proceeded to push the down button for the door, swore a bit, cleaned up the fuel, siphoned what was left in the tank, swore again, a bit louder this time, I grabbed a beer and turned off the light "fuck this" and went inside in no mood to continue today. or tomorrow.
I will calm down and attack it later in the week.
Edit. In response to Fanta's comments
It was through the frame, pretty sure it wasn't out of the exhaust and there was nothing from the carb so I think that can be ruled out, I'm going in again tonight and I will be putting hose clamps on the hose ends to be sure. I've got to get it back on the road as my belt on the GT200 has started slipping and I can't have both scoots off the road at the same time. fun fun


1 comment:

  1. ...but it didn't leak before you kicked it. So it's not your new tap then I guess. Dis the carb box fill up with fuel or did it piss out from within the frame? (that might be what that big gaping hole is for - to let leaking fuel out!!)

    Must be yer hose mate, clamp at either end. Or banjo where it joins onto carb - did you forget to tighten it?
    Failing that it's your needle/float stuck and the fuel is coming out your pipe... which the puddle on the left side might indicate! (doh!)

    ReplyDelete