Thursday, October 20, 2011

Front wheel scrape

I got the scooter home and the sound that was emanating from the front wheel was not pretty. I removed the wheel and gave the drum a good clean, a bit of a sand and could see no obvious cause, there was a bit of brake dust but nothing out of the ordinary. I put the wheel back on and gave it a spin, once per revolution the scrape returned. Wheel off and brakes off It could only be one thing, the backing plate, I drilled out the rivets and took it off, now I had seen it before when I re-built the front end, it's rough, but did the job, this time it has to go. I put the brakes back on, the wheel and the softly sounding spinning wheel was just what the doctor ordered. I adjusted the brakes, easier because I could see them, and called it a day.
One front dust cover on the order list.
Now on to the leaking cylinder head.


No comments:

Post a Comment