Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wildlife rescue



I got out for a bit of a squirt today, the weather was, well started out to be, nice. I got about 25kms into my usual "lap" and scooted past this little guy, sitting in the middle of the lane, I thought that cant be good for his long term health so scooted back and put him on the edge of a small dam that, given his direction, was where he was heading anyway. Good deed done, I went back to the scoot and the lighting was right, poplars swaying in the breeze, so I snapped a pic and then headed into town to get some fuel for the second leg down to Paynesville, passing a group of about 9 road bikes on their way to Phillip Island, none of them waved, not even a nod, and they all looked at me....
At this stage the wind picked up and the clouds rolled in and even though I was getting blown all over the road, I still enjoyed the ride, I dropped some paperwork off to an old client and headed home and as I pulled into the drive, the rain started so I was happy with that. A 100km day out, total 3305kms.

No comments:

Post a Comment