Friday, October 21, 2011

Hoped..... but it wasn't to be








Not Good.
I did a compression test, just out of interest, 90psi after 4 kicks, that cant be good, So I pulled the head so I could check out the leak, I had intended to change the studs as the old ones were just old, so since I was there I thought I'd go one step further and pull the cylinder as well, the head of the cylinder was coated in carbon deposits, as was the head. What I found next, well after I realised you need to remove the exhaust to get the cylinder off that is, well what can I say the pictures tell the story.
It was obvious from day one that the case halves were different, pic one confirms even further, note the gasket, this should be aluminium, not gasket paper.
I knew this day would come. The problem is I NEED the scooter running....by monday and my location and time of week isn't in my favour for picking up some spares...what to do.
I had a conversation with Kelvin, Kickstart Scooters, he offered his opinions and I did feel a lot better about it afterwards, Thanks Mate.
I slept on it and made a decision. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment