Wednesday, December 14, 2011

80-64

The last couple of days there has been one of those speed checking thingy's on the side of the road into town, its in a sixty speed limit area and I know that they would have a certain widow for accuracy.
So the first day I rode past I didn't really take much notice of how fast I was going on the speedo and I forget what it said but I did remember thinking that's a bit out.
So the last two days I decided to go past with my speedo on 80kmph......both days I registered 64-65. Vespa speedos are famous for not being accurate, if they work at all, so I'm not really surprised.
The next step is to wait until my new iPhone arrives over the next day or so, I will be doing an extensive speedo check with the GPS, should be interesting.
4220kms on the speedo, how many real kms I've done......stuffed if I know now.

Finally got the GT right and here is the questionable parking spot for the scoots, suitably rustic and slightly out of square.
EDIT:- another driveby this morning with the speedo on 90ish.......74, consistant, so not that this scoot is all about a land speed record once the engine decides it's had enough, a bit of tarting up will be in order.... also my top speed recorded some time ago was 103kmph was in fact in the 88kmph vicinity, I still remember thinking that was fast enough, she was screaming, the rattling and shaking was also a bit unnerving.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're running 8" rims instead of 10!! You checked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely 10" Mate.
    I am GPSing the speedo over the next day or so when I come up with a way to mount the new phone.

    ReplyDelete