Monday, February 13, 2012

Piece by piece









I started pulling the engine apart and as I did I took a few photos, I thank my four year old for deleting them off the camera when he was playing with it over the weekend.
I took some more of the disassembled bits.
Firstly I had to pry and scrape out the dirt from the end of the hole that the bolt that fixes the exhaust on, it was solid indeed, I also gave the swing arm cavity a good clean out as well.
On to the engine, the clutch nut didn't have a lock washer on it, they had, however, torqued it to within an inch of its life, the only way to get it off was with a impact wrench. The crank came out with about three or four decent blows with a rubber mallet and that's pretty much as far as I went with it. I am reading up on dismantling and making a list of parts I will need to replace, so far a new crankshaft, seals, bearings and hardware. Over the next week or so I should have the whole lot out and then as the cash flow allows, I will start collecting the parts I need to replace or can't re-use and begin rebuilding, bit by bit.
I'm not going to go through the photos, most of you know what you are looking at. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment