Thursday, February 9, 2012

Taking a stand.




I have half bodged up a stand for the engine, needs some stabilising but does the trick, I pulled the clutch cover off and as I have had it off before there wasn't any surprises, there are dings and scratches, I'll tidy it up and still use it as it is still doing what it is supposed to, the clutch is still working quite well, but once I get it off I will have a closer look at it and if it looks like the corks need replacing or something else is obviously worn then it will be replaced too.
When I dropped the engine a decent handful of dirt fell out of the swing arm cavity, I haven't been on any dirt, save approx. 200-300 metres, so only god knows how long it has been in there...I'm guessing 35 or so years.
It was getting late so I called it a night.

4 comments:

  1. Australian quarantine would have love to find that dirt when it landed on the docks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't I just add that twice then? ID 10 t

    ReplyDelete
  3. They would've loved the cocoon I found in the crate even more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did it stink when you got it? Sure sign of OS scooter. I found grass used to hold a tailight bulb in one. Never touching another OS "restored" scooter ever again.

    ReplyDelete