Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The turning point.




I got my large circlip pliers in today and got the last of the engine apart, now I turn around and begin the rebuilding process, I am looking forward to the challenge, I have a bench full of dismantled parts, screws, bolts and in hindsight should've probably been a bit more meticulous, I do have a lot of photos to look back on though, I have a decent list of parts to order in and over the next couple of weeks will collect them and get this show back on the road.
Pics are the inside of the clutch cover, the clutch vent and the clutch arm and the bottom is the main bearing, clutch side, the two retaining circlips and the seal, which was stuffed, I'm surprised it still did half of what it was supposed to do, the reason I'm guessing is that there was a circular gasket behind it, not sure its meant to be there but it was falling apart and there were shards of it all over the place in there, I couldn't really see what it was but I'm fairly sure it was a paper gasket material.
I have decided to also replace the centre stand fixings as well, mainly to give me something to fix while I wait for parts to arrive. My flyside case should be here soon too.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Brett. You really are getting the hang of it all. How is your gearbox looking? Clutch looked bad losing that brass spacer. I will certainly be hitting you up when we get stuck in to our Sprint V.

    ReplyDelete