Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stand out.





I decided to give the centre stand an overhaul, the typical practice of double nutting and using a dozen crappy washers was what I found.The bolts were 15mm longer than they needed to be and on the top side had two or three fibre washers, for what reason I don't have a clue and it looked like they had put the stand on while the paint was still wet because the area around the holes were kind of cratered up from the hole to the top of the paint. Quality.
I had the scooter up on some timber so I could get the stand off when disaster struck, I blew a thong, my favorite pair of Havaianas, and perfect workshop footwear...gone, lucky I had a pair of double pluggers on standby.

2 comments:

  1. Spewin. But you know - that's exactly the type of safety footwear you scooter is used to seeing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fok dat! Are you on one leg?

    ReplyDelete