Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Out with the old....

Work has been particularly quiet the last few days, I opted to take some leave so I could switch engines and see how the 200 goes, today I'll get the 177 out , clean it up,  give the underbelly a good clean and check over, tomorrow I'll put the 200 in and take it for a spin. Can't wait!




Half way there, it really doesn't take that long to drop an engine, 6 cables, wiring and fuel, rear tyre, which I found to have a disturbing amount of play, way back in the beginning this happened, then it was the "restorers" had conveniently forgotten the spacer and had the split pin running across the top of the castellated nut, which of course loosened itself, this time I only checked it a week ago, I had noticed a change in the handling and braking, it was solid. I have a new one waiting for when I rebuild the Veloce engine transferring most of the parts into a matching set of cases I have sitting there gathering dust. So I took the split pin out and could undo the nut with my fingers.... 
Bit of a tidy up this morning and in with the newby.

2 comments:

  1. Brett - Mate, I love the stubby & the remote control; looks like a great way to fix Gloria!
    Keep up the good work, you are going great guns
    Cheers
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Hi Leigh, that's actually a work light. I get distracted enough without having a tv in the workshop.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete