Tuesday, June 18, 2013

update

I had the same issues with the engine not revving, when I apply throttle it's sucking air quite clearly, but only firing every second or third rev? I decided to park it up and see if I can sort it out, re check the timing, stator, and start again, I tried riding it up the street and it just bunny hopped and was missing power strokes all over the place, I did get one good bap of revs on the stand, but couldn't get it to do it again.
B6ES plug, black and dry, mix screw didn't seem to make much difference but I need to just work through it slowly.
standard jets, timing set at 23 btdc, it idles nicely, gets a bit better as it warms up, starts first kick each time after the initial start up.
I was hoping to take it to the monthly club meet in Geelong this week, don't think I'll be making the 150km round trip this month.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment