Monday, June 10, 2013

ticking away

 
 
                                            
 
Apologies for the bad footage, but it's enough to get the point across, She burst into life on the third kick and idled away, I need to tweak the timing just a little but otherwise I'm happy with it, very little smoke this time, just the normal amount, plug wasn't oil fouling but had a bit of black soot on it. Still had the same response to the throttle, but I will just swap the engines over this weekend and give it a run, a tune and if it's going OK, leave it in for a while and begin to run it in.
I was stuffing about and decided to clean out the tool box, glad I did because there was a bit of water pooling at the rear from the recent rain, I just park it on the street outside work now, I have a piece of carpet upside down in the bottom to protect the bottom, this also collects all the dust and with the water, just turned it into a nasty sticky clay like substance, to my surprise I found a heap of change, $10.65 to be exact, score! I also had a champagne cork, zip tie, a nut and bolt and the plastic tag that had broken off my Armadillo jacket zipper. All things one should never be caught without on the road, you just never know.

1 comment:

  1. yessss! That motor is happy just banging away. Have you tuned in the air/gas screw in the rear of the carb? From the rest of your pictures, it seems you have stumbled upon the importance of doing things slowly and properly at each step of the way, otherwise, things go awry quickly. I am so happy that you have things sorted now, and I am awaiting to hear a report once you have put in in your sprint. Best of luck to you. p

    ReplyDelete