Friday, April 1, 2011

A good deed I think. (note-off topic)

Sometimes little things happen and you wonder if you should speak up for the greater good.
I did such a thing and now i'm wondering if it was such a good idea.
Coopers Sparkling Ale. My brew of choice and the brewery keeps on churning it out and someone has to drink it right? Well a few weeks ago I noticed I was getting maybe 4-6 stubbies ( for the non Aussies thats a bottle 375mls) a Box (24) that had lids that were just on, no schhhh sound when you opened them, some were spoit. I thought I'd shoot off a quick email to the brewery in South Australia saying basicly
" Dudes you have a loose cap thing happening, I love the beer, don't want a lot of people changing to some other beer thats crap, like VB, because of it, just thought you should know blah blah"
About three days later I reveived a response " Thanks, we will look into it, appreciate the heads up, we'll shout you a six pack for your trouble" gave them the details from the bottles like dates etc.
I was happy with that, I wasn't after any freebees but wasn't going to knock it back, had a call from the sales rep for my region and she organised it, I went and picked up a nice cold six pack....job done. I had a warm fuzzy feeling from being such a great bloke.
Fast forward a few weeks and I cant budge the bloody caps, they must have replaced the limp wristed guys putting the lids on for gorillas. "hey love, can you pass the bottle opener please, my fingers hurt?"

The scoot is running great too btw. She had a bit of a burp fart yesterday but I was WOT up the hill on my way home. No harm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment