Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ball is rolling.





I started putting the engine back together last night, the mounts were in, I got my main bearings yesterday, pic three next to the one that came out, this is still in good condition so will do as a spare for now, the clutch side went in OK, nice and tight, no case heating required, I used the old bearing from the Veloce case I got from the US as a drift and five minutes of tapping with a rubber mallet had the bearing home and the securing circlips in place. I fit the lay shaft and Christmas tree, needle bearings etc, also put the main shaft/axle in also, the selector rod and cruciform, after the photos I continued to put the gears back on and that was about it for the night, I have a package at home and should get the last one tomorrow.
The top two photos are of the US case, I cleaned it up a little but as you can see the orange paint might look good on the right scooter, just not mine. hopefully that's blasted and cleaned soon too. An interesting point is in picture 2 is the little steel spring flap that is riveted where the spring for the kick start gear would normally sit, I get the theory of it, the spring can be troublesome when trying to join the cases back together, I'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment