Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Building up.

Since I had the tank out I had another little root around in there cleaning and found there to be a little dust about, assuming it was a combination of dust that had come in through the frame and some surface rust dust, I got into it with a small wire brush as far down onto the tunnel as I could reach and then gave it a good vacuum out, I had been recommended fish oil to kill and prevent rust and had noticed that the Father in law had a tin on the shelf, decided to slop some in, pick up and tilt the frame so it would run just about everywhere without going silly and tipping it right over, I then let it sit back on the chocks and let the excess run out and dry over a few days, not the most pleasant smell but some people swear by it and come to think of it, I have never seen a rusty fish...
The parts are beginning to arrive, yesterday I got my new Clauss Studio mounts, they are a breeze to install, a few light taps of the rubber mallet and they were home. The new clutch corks, steels, springs, cups came too, the corks are getting a nice soaking until they are needed, I also got a new selector box, it is tight compared to the old one, I cant wait until I can feel the difference and hopefully it will stop the occasional popping out I have been getting. The seal set came also along with some nuts and bolts. The casing should be done by Friday, the clutch and a box of bits should also arrive by Friday. I will be heading around to the local bearing shop today to chase up the main bearings they are getting in for me, and I'll pick up the last of the hardware I need and come Saturday, I'll be good to get into it. I'll get plenty of photos over the next day or so as well. I hope to be kicking her over on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment