Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Life Line

A series of events has put me in a position to secure a matching set of Aussie delivered, I believe anyway, Sprint V engine cases, which I have jumped on. I think the best way to approach this windfall is to get the new cases cleaned up and as finances allow, I can slowly rebuild it with all new components and eventually drop it in the frame I have. after that I can get the other engine right as a spare or sell it off.
The current project will continue to plan and at the risk of upsetting the purists, I am quite enjoying the challenge of getting this going again just to see if I can. If not, all the good and usable parts will be shifted into the new cases and the leftovers can be placed into the box of things destined for retirement from active scootering, unless someone wants them of course.
A delay on the final seal has put progress on hold a couple of days, but I should get it today and then tonight the cases will go together, the top end and carb next and then the scooter re-assembly, a busy weekend with my Mum visiting for my second boy's 3rd birthday, and a Club event Sunday will delay the kick over until next week....unless I burn the midnight oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment