Saturday, January 19, 2013

A different animal

The new project is a go-er, back story is the guy who I got the parts for the P200E engine, Mark Carter of Carters Classic Scooters, sent me a message a week ago because he saw that someone had put a smallie on eBay that was in the town I live in. So I gave him a call a couple of days later, not to buy the scoot, but to see if he would be interested in trying to get the thing running, with the idea in the back of my mind that once it was going he could get a better price for it or.... or keep it and fall in love with it, ending up a Vespa nutter like me, also someone nearby to talk Vespa stuff with, tinkering and riding and all that. He was kinda keen, but time was the problem, we are all busy, I rode out and had a look at it, the engine turned when kicked and looked to be all there, we chatted a while and I headed home, the scooter was to be dropped off tomorrow for a clean up and to try and get it going. Should be a heap of fun.
It was the annual classic and custom car show in town today so I did two drive bys the first was for a look, the second was carrying a box of beer to show off, I have the wannabe bikies milling around on the footpath outside the pub a toot as I zipped past. Always get a kick out of doing that.



No comments:

Post a Comment