Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A new beginning


Back from an interstate Christmas visit and into our new house, moving isn't one of my favorite things, but this time I actually enjoyed it, moving out of a small flat on the inlaws property into a three bedroom house after a year was a relief.....anyway. My parts have started to arrive, I got all the top end, crank, flywheel and clutch cover, I'm expecting the rest in the next day or so, the workshop is taking shape, still sorting things out while we unpack. The old girl was a little neglected the last few weeks, I did however attempt to get the horn working with no luck this time, but in true Vespa form I realised later that the horn does work.....but only when I hit the kill button, it's quite funny when I pull to a stop and press the button it lets out a low honk that sounds like someone stepping on an electronic duck. I'll get to it sooner or later, should be an easy fix now I know what's going on.

 
Here's my youngest in his cookie monster suit admiring the scoot "Bout time you swapped out the pop rivets for some self tappers Dad"
 
The bits I have waiting for the rest to arrive.
 

 
Some of the packaging new and new old.

No comments:

Post a Comment