Thursday, January 10, 2013

Where to start?


The second box of parts landed on the garage floor yesterday, so I unpacked it all and spread it out on the bench and as I did, I got a little nervous. Most of the parts are the same as the Sprint, some slightly bigger but the question popped up in my head "where the bloody hell do I start?"
A few parts have a bit of surface rust, NOS parts mostly after spending god knows how long in a box waiting to be used, so the first thing to do is clean everything up so it's nice and dust/rust free and bluff my way through it with the help of rebuilding DVDs and the three or so manuals/restoration books I have at the ready.
 
 
 
The tricky part will be the non points stator and connecting it to my wiring, Mark at Carters Classic Scooters, supplier of the parts, assures me it won't be a problem. it has five wires I think and my system has only three to connect them to, I'll figure it out.
I also picked up some bits for the new Sprint V engine for when the P200 is in the scoot and running, I'll rebuild it using the parts I am running now. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment