Sunday, January 13, 2013

Here we go again

After putting in 11 hours of painting over the weekend, I didn't really get very far into the engine build. I cleaned up all the parts that needed it and laid them out. I decided that the kickstart mechanism was the first cab off the rank, o-ring in and the quadrant didn't fit into the hole, here we go again, it needed just a whisker dremelled off it and a light sanding and it was home. I heated up the case with my new heat gun and installed the two bearings, tapped home  with a timber drift and a dead blow hammer, lastly I tapped the bearing ring onto the crank after heating that too, remembering put something between the crank webs, I use the part that is on the end of the clutch arm that pushes the plunger onto the clutch plate, its a snug and perfect fit, I had photos of all this, but I can't upload them for some reason...I'll get some more.
Next on the list is the other two bearings, clutch build, still waiting on a 2nd and 3rd gear and the clutch arm and I have to get hold of some kickstart quadrant stop rubbers and some case nuts. I have plenty to do to keep me busy while I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment