Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fuel leak solved




I am slowly pulling things out so I can replace the new harness once it arrives and I got to the petcock last night, I had been getting a constant fuel leak and thought it might have been the tap not installed correctly, slightly askew and leaking from where the spring washer and the rubber gasket with the selector holes in it was. I took the tap out to the bin to take the sediment bowl off thinking there would still be fuel in it....wtf dry and as I tipped it up I could see the pin hole in the bottom of it. Ah Ha got ya. I'm wondering if when I first pulled the tank and emptied out the crap I damaged it, it is pretty corroded anyway or if the sediment was actually blocking it up and stopping it from leaking...any way the rubber washer that is between the sediment bowl and the tap is buggered, the nut, washer and the tap, well still use-able, the filter upstand thingy is home made and dodgy. The photos speak for themselves. The lengths of the new and old taps and the difference between the worn rubbers, like all new vs old, is amazing. Needless to say a new tap is on its way.
Thanks Kickstart Scooters.

4 comments:

  1. That fuel tap is pathetic. Why do they do this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bowl should be clear glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because they can.....surprised it lasted this long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will give the parts necessary. Man, that's bad service.

    ReplyDelete