Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wiring Episode two.




Made a little headway first up I added an earth in the rear, sanded back the paint and surprisingly, bondo or filler and got a good clean connection, a dob of grease and in with the tank. Pic one
Anyone who has put a tank in knows the joy. I have done it three times in the last week or so and each time is different and equally as frustrating, but the "thank fck" that comes out effortlessly when the thread on the nut bites on the petcock is almost as good as it gets.
Tank in, a splash of fuel, a couple of beers gone and i couldnt help myself but to take it for a quick spin, no lights, wires hanging out of the headset, horn held in by one screw, 10 o'clock at night. had to bump start it though.
So moving onto the front end see the sketch above.
Where the green and yellow from the rear and the green (which is actually white) from the horn meet the red I actually did this in the headset for ease and the fact that the wires are already running there anyway, see Pic. two. I also put an earth connection here too, but not before I took this shot. Thats as far as I got. All I need to do is get the wires out to the switch and re-fit the new horn and test it all out.
Then I will undo and redo the tank nut, as you can see in Pic. four, I had a small fuel leak grrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment