Friday, May 6, 2011

A mixed up day





                                    
I had mixed results today. I found the wiring to be a bit of a head scratching mess, but I have managed to get 80% of it mapped out, the headset is all I have to figure out.
I made a homemade tank gasket from 3.2 cork/rubber I got from the auto store and I got the tank and fuel tap in, It took two goes, the first resulted in a big mess of fuel on the garage floor from the dripping that was coming through the frame, turns out the little rubber gasket I bodged up from a toilet washer for the sediment bowl didn't cut it, so I re-used the old one.
Pic. one. A beutiful autumn day to sit out in the sun, drink beer and look at the wiring in the harsh light of day.
Pic two. Getting everything ready to re-assemble the tank, the first time.
Pic three. the rubber gasket.
Pic four. A bit of an arty shot, no real reason for it.
Pic five. the absolute mess that is my workbench.

2 comments:

  1. "the first resulted in a big mess of fuel on the garage floor from the dripping that was coming through the frame, turns out the little rubber gasket I bodged up from a toilet washer for the sediment bowl didn't cut it"

    Yep, it has a few raised areas which help stop the fuel against the flat fuel tap one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am disturbed by pic 5 that you have, a beer, petrol and metho in the same vacinity....hehehehehe.....joking...

    ReplyDelete