Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tinker Tinker




I pulled the old wiring out, I'm no expert but there is no way that it was "new" at best it was old wiring that has been tarted up a little, some of it was new, all the connections were dodgey, old, some were just shoved in and screwed down she'll be right style, Ill take some pics another time.
I replaced the fuel line, no big deal, in and out, the old one was rigid and after a look online at the length discussions, apparently it's important to some, I measured and cut it to the same length, it measured 20 inches and seemed to work OK. I had to take the connection off the carb, I did find a wad of fluff in it, which was weird, I'll be interested to see how it goes once it's back on the road....faster I hope.
Pics two and three. what can I say......I am trying to figure out what exactly has been welded. I have felt in there to try and establish if it is the back part of the frame, I don't think it is. what I do think is that the part of the frame in the rear that forms the top of the wheel arch is the section that has been replaced. The top has been welded oh so nicely, but still you can see the welds. the bottom, well my three year old could've done a better job....I have been through this briefly before. any decent self respecting tradesman/artisan would do a job as if it were their own project. the bodge effect sets in and somehow that one run of the grinder, another welding rod and a splash of anti rust paint will break the budget....."it will be ages until they see the workmanship in here under the tank"..great job Planet Vespa.
Moving on.
Pic four. I'm hoping that I won't have to pull the flywheel to confirm these three wires are all correct, I do know that I will be replacing the connections. I can see that I will probably end up pulling the flywheel and checking the stator plate and the connections to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment