Friday, June 24, 2011

update






I don't think I'm going to win any blacksmithing awards, but after a few cracks I got something that vaguely resembles the covers, in fact i think I might have one more go at the bigger one, but otherwise they will do the job. I have been told that the screws that secured these covers were pan headed and slotted, I couldn't source these but got Phillips head ones instead, I had to cut them a bit because they were about 5-7mm too long. all I need to do is paint them up and fit them.
Next job is re-doing the wires from the stator, from the pics you can see that the quality of the wires, soldering and the end connectors is at best poor. and what is that leathery thing in pic. five?
My wiring should be on it's way in the next week or so too.

2 comments:

  1. Did you make those handlebar covers yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I banged them up, they ain't that pretty, but will do the job

    ReplyDelete