Friday, June 3, 2011

Wiring Episode Five







In preparation, I started to pull a few things out. Starting with the battery, it will give me a lot more room in the tool box. No surprises the battery is made in Vietnam, perhaps for the market in Jipan, next up was the brake switch, the switch itself is in good condition, the wiring and connection weren't. The rectifier with 4 connections, I am told they should have either 3 or 5. It only had two wires coming off it and no earth. This could well be the problem with the globes blowing, but I think its best to replace the lot and be done with it.

I was walking the streets during my lunch break a few weeks ago, the weather is cooling down and for some reason I began to notice a lot of the older blokes all had a hat of some sort, this got me thinking as to what sort of hat I should get as an old man hat. Enter the Pakol. I worked in Immigration detention for a short period years ago, there were a lot of Afghan's, one particular older man I remember for his hat, which he kept trying to give me every time I commented on it, It was a traditional Afghan hat, the Pakol. After a quick online search, a smooth transaction and a weeks wait, I am the proud owner of two 100% wool Pakols, one black and one stone grey, as modelled by Myself and my youngest son Merrick. They are a bit scratchy but warm and I am fairly convinced that the trend will not catch on in small town Victoria, but hey I had to start somewhere, couldn't hurt to try them, now which hat next?
No response from the Scooter shop on the wiring harness just yet either.

No comments:

Post a Comment