Friday, August 12, 2011

another suitable time

My Friday off work didn't go to plan....My eldest son has an ear infection and a cold, one of the two roads into town was flooded, and being on the main highway caused massive traffic problems, in a country town of 15000 people it was as good as I've ever seen living and driving in Sydney, it took me an hour and a half to take my wife to work, its about 2kms as the crow flies, the diversion and traffic were horrendous and if it can it will and it did, my son's medication wore off half way in and by the time we got to the hospital, my wife is a nurse, luckily at times, it was straight to emergency and so began the day I'd rather forget, the emergency department was busy, it seemed every kid in town broke something, accidents, old people almost falling off the perch, the list goes on, happened today, and that's fine, they dosed him up on panadol and we weren't going to hang around with such a non life threatening case, we had a Dr's appointment later anyway, and after the vending machine took my last $2 coin, that was it. My wife called the medical centre to see if we could get in early, three hours early, the floods had stuffed everyone up and we could get in in an hour, we had a picnic lunch of KFC and he perked up, once we got to the medical centre ten minutes early all was good, until we waited an hour  after we were told to be there, by this time his panadol had worn off and he wasn't well. diagnosed, prescribed and picking up number two from child care on the way home.......five hours to do a 10 minute job.
Anyway, that's what you do as a parent, The Sprint V can wait and so can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment